Termite Control in Springdale & Fayetteville, AR
Protecting Northwest Arkansas Homes & Businesses
If you’re concerned about a termite infestation, you have every right to be; they can cause serious structural damage to your property. In fact, research has found that termites account for over $1.5 billion in property damage annually. If you suspect these wood-eating insects are taking over your home or business, call Hopper Termite & Pest. We’re a family owned and operated pest control company that has been providing comprehensive termite control in Springdale, Fayetteville, Mountain Home, and surrounding areas since 1963. Our technicians are members of the National Pest Management Association and the Arkansas Pest Management Association in addition to completing numerous ongoing training sessions. In other words, we’ve got the experience and understanding of proper termite control you need to keep you and your property safe.
Why Are Termites Attracted to My Property?
Every structure can become a potential home for termites, especially those that have plenty of moisture and wood. These pests commonly enter buildings via mud tubes they build within the soil, so anything that comes into contact with it is a potential entry point.
Other common colonization sites for termites include:
- Cracks in the foundation
- Leaks in plumbing or roofing
- Faulty downspouts and gutters
- Sloping ground near the foundation
- Landscaping timber
- Moist ventilation
- Hard foam insulation
How To Avoid The Need For Termite Control
1. Keep any and all wood off the ground - This begins in the construction phase, as any wooden floorboards on top of soil will lead to termites. But also, make sure your wooden decks are elevated off the ground and even fire wood should be kept up as well to prevent the need for termite control.
2. Trim branches near your roof - Not only can termites enter your home through the ground, but they can navigate from trees to wooden roofing systems with ease. Make sure there're no entrance points because once termites get in, they'll eat whatever they can find.
3. Don't use mulch - Termites love mulch for much of the same reason plants do. It retains moisture so if you want to avoid needing our Fayetteville termite control specialists consider using rocks or gravel instead of mulch. If you must use mulch then make sure there's a natural barrier between the mulch and your home.
4. Act quickly on all slab leaks - As termites love moisture at low levels, slab leaks can be the worst. If you have any questionable places in your home that might be susceptible then consider a dehumidifier to make your home as inhospitable for these pests as possible.
The Hopper Termite & Pest Treatment Process
In order to determine the most effective method of treatment, our Springdale, AR termite control technicians will first conduct a thorough inspection of your property to determine the density of the infestation. From there we will consider how best to take into account your property’s construction and its relation to the infestation location.
How Termidor® Works
This treatment method is also known as the “Transfer Effect™.” Termidor® is composed of a non-repellent termiticide that termites cannot detect naturally. As they come into contact with it, via ingestion or just simply touching it, they then transfer it to other members of their colony. Within three months or less, an entire colony is wiped out and you are rid of your termite problem.
We tend to prefer this type of treatment method over baiting systems because it works faster.
Buying or Selling a House? Let Us Inspect It!
Whether you’re in the market for a new home or listing yours, it’s important to ensure it is termite-free. Hopper Termite & Pest is proud to assist with any required inspections.