Summer is finally here. Along with it comes to fun in the sun, backyard barbeques, splashing around in the pool and taking a vacation to name a few. One problem with summer is the constant battle we seem to have with various pests, vying for a cool spot INSIDE your home. Throughout the summer months, many pests such as ants, flies, gnats, roaches, wasps and even rodents are much more active. You may be wondering what you can do to prevent these pesky pests from getting inside your home?
Here is a list of Dos and Don’ts to keep those summer pests out!
- Replace weather-stripping around windows and repair loose mortar around the foundation
- Keep kitchen counters clean and store food in sealed containers
- Eliminate areas of standing water
- Keep landscaping trimmed and maintained
- Remove hiding places for pests
- Divert rainwater away from the house
- Keep basements, attics and crawl spaces well ventilated and dry
- Throw away overripe fruits and vegetables
The most important do is… do call the professionals at Hopper Termite & Pest if you have a pest infestation in your home. Many infestations come with an increased risk of property damage and potential injury. The sooner you call us, the better it will be.
- Leave pet food dishes out for long periods of time
- Let garbage compile
- Leave dirty dishes in the sink
- Store firewood and building materials up against the home
- Ignore cracks or little openings around the bottom of the house
- Let your sprinklers spray directly toward the foundation of your home
- Let excess moisture accumulate in your home
- Give pests a free meal
The most important don’t is…don’t try to remove a pest infestation on your own. It may be dangerous and inefficient to try to deal with it yourself. Hopper knows when to treat, where to treat, what kind of treatment to use, as well as knowing the precise amount of chemical to use in a safe, yet effective way. We have helped hundreds of customers over the years who have spent a small fortune trying to rid the problems on their own. Every homeowner should consider the risks involved with not protecting their investment from damage by termites and other pests. Let us help!
This list of summer pest control tips should help eliminate pest activity in and around your home during the hot summer months. If you do suspect a pest infestation in your home, contact the pest control professionals at Hopper Termite & Pest today. We have been in business since 1963 and are happy to discuss our services with you to find a plan to best fit your needs. Give us a call today!